A global drinks manufacturer invited Jo Miles from Master Your Transition to speak at a special event for their Women’s Leadership Network. The purpose of the event was to support individuals to recognise the conscious and unconscious ways people engage in self sabotaging thinking and behaviours, and learn how to achieve greater self mastery.
The aims of the session were to:
- Facilitate deeper understanding of self sabotage, positive psychology and self mastery.
- Deepen awareness of the conscious and unconscious ways in which our inner critics can trigger us to think, act and feel in self sabotaging ways.
- Develop understanding of strategies and practices to overcome the inner critic, strengthen self mastery and deepen self confidence.
Working in collaboration with the HR Business partner a high level outline for a two hour interactive workshop was designed. Key messages and exercises were then tailored to meet the event aims and demystify this complex subject. The positive, engaging event took place over a lunchtime slot at SABMiller’s Woking office.
Overall the organisation, team and individual benefits were:
- New knowledge and insights about positive psychology.
- Deeper understanding of how to identify triggers of the inner critic.
- Deeper understanding of how to face into and master the inner critic.
- Strengthened self awareness and ability to recover from inner critic attacks, and lessen their impact.
- New knowledge and strategies to underpin confidence in the face of challenge.
“Yesterday I was at Women Leadership Committee meeting. The ladies have received lots of positive verbal feedback regarding the workshop. People mentioned your great ability to make the session very personal, explaining well, providing good examples what self-sabotage is and what behaviour to avoid.”
“Great session today thank you. I have a love/hate relationship with these things as on one level I find ‘opening up’ sessions uncomfortable yet Jo was really engaging and I’ve come away with some really nice nuggets on how to view and handle my bad habits in the future. I didn’t think I had a problem with self-sabotage but the session certainly highlighted areas of self-doubt that I should not let get the better of me.”
“Dear Jo, I wanted to connect following your superb workshop at SAB Miller yesterday. I have been to a number of seminars/workshops over the years but none that really touched my like yours did. You have nailed the topic and delivered it with compassion, energy and real insight. Thank you. Helen.”
“Jo-I really enjoyed your presentation yesterday, great style & content. If I'm a head of function in the future & need to bring in coaching, then you are top of my list, so hope to meet up one day in the future!”